GBM is the leading IT services company in Central America and the Caribbean, an expert in information technology. Demonstrates all the components for enterprise technology solutions with specialized infrastructure, software, consulting, and services. GBM is a regional company with a presence in Guatemala, Honduras, Belize, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, the Dominican Republic and Haiti. GBM is the exclusive distributor of IBM in the region and also represents, officially and with full support, leading brands in the industry such as Lenovo, Cisco, SAP, Microsoft, among others.
- Company GBM
- Guatemala city
- Full time
- Facebook and Twitter: @GBMCorp
Project manager in charge of a portfolio of projects, responsible for managing the time, budget and health of the same according to the standards defined by the PMI. Responsible for the strategic and operational direction of the project, validating the fulfillment of the objectives within the defined deadlines, in order to guarantee the quality of the products and the work delivered.
- Coordinate with the PMs of the Clients, so that they facilitate an adequate structure of human and logistical resources for the development and execution of the project, as part of the planning.
- Ensure the execution of the defined objectives and ensure that the established methodology is used.
- Review the scope of work and the responsibilities of each party and control the progress of the project and take the necessary measures to face the risks detected and associated critical changes.
- Plan the complementary activities required to ensure that the tasks proposed in the schedules are met.
- Manage the risks of the project and the changes or problems that arise during the development of the project.
- Experience: 2 years in project management at least.
- Education: Master’s Degree in Project Management or related.
- Technical knowledge: Engineer in Computer Systems or Graduate in Computer Science with specialization in implementation of technology projects.
- Language: Spanish / English (conversational and technical).
- Skills: Communication, Negotiation, Work under pressure.
- Other desirable requirements:
- PMP / ITIL Fundamentals / Scrum Master Certification
- Having worked with multicultural remote teams.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies and their application (PMI and/or AGILE).
- Use of computer tools (Office, MS Project, etc).
- Experience in directing staff and building teams.
- Communication and leadership skills.
- Desirable with knowledge of the SAP Projects (PS) module.
- Strong skills in negotiation, persuasion and handling of critical situations.
Apply for this position
Apply with Indeed
We’ve received your resume. Click to update it.
Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or
Paste your resume here or
What is your ID number?*
What strengths make you unique?
* Income Availability? Immediate 2 weeks or less 1 month
What is your expected salary? Additionally, detail if you enjoy any additional benefits package.*
Please include names and telephone numbers of your work references (only in case you have not previously worked, include references from university professors)**
I hereby authorize GBM to carry out investigations on criminal, judicial, credit and labor aspects that it deems necessary to confirm the information presented as true.
I authorize GBM to use my personal data only for the recruitment and selection processes in which I am participating, in such a way that said information will not be transferred to third parties in order to safeguard my confidentiality.
I declare under oath that the information contained in this document is true, and I acknowledge that any false information contained in it or omission of data will void the offer.* Yes No
Have you been vaccinated against COVID-19? If so, we could request the card.*